Dum aloo. Dum aloo recipe – Easy, delicious, creamy & flavorful restaurant style dum aloo recipe made of Dum aloo is one of the classic Indian dishes served in a special meals like weddings, celebrations or. Dum Aloo is a delicious recipe of baby potatoes cooked in a gravy. Kashmiri Dum Aloo & Restaurant Style. dum aloo recipe is one of the simple and basic veg curries of india. there are other versions of this finally do visit my other curry or sabzi recipes with this post of punjabi dum aloo recipe. it includes like.
I wanted to try Dum Aloo recipe for so long,but never happened. Each time when I buy small potato,I end up in making other small potato recipes like small potato curry or small potato biryani. Dum Aloo is a North Indian curry made with baby potatoes that are simmered in onion and tomato Dum aloo is also my mom's signature recipe that I grew up eating. You can have Dum aloo using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dum aloo
- You need 25 of baby potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of onions sliced.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes sliced.
- It’s 1 of ” ginger.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kashmiri Lal mirch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- It’s 4-5 of black pepper corns.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 10-12 of cashews soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2-3 of cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
It is a combination of perfectly. Aloo Dum is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with baby potatoes that are simmered in a yogurt based sauce and spiced with garam masala. Goes well with rotis or rice. Dum Aloo is a spicy potato curry from Kashmir, one of the world's most naturally Typically, Kashmiri cuisine tends to be heavy on meat.
Dum aloo step by step
- Wash and peel the skin of baby potatoes. With the help of a fork pierce the potatoes from all sides and put them in a sauce pan with 1/2 a tsp of salt and boil till it’s almost done. Shut the flame and drain the water..
- In a non stick pan add a tsp of oil and pan fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown from all sides..
- In a grinder add onions, ginger, garlic, green chilli and make a paste..
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds. Put this in a dry grinder and grind into a powder. Add Kashmiri Lal mirch and turmeric to it and give another round so that all masalas mix well..
- Grind the tomatoes and soaked cashews and make a paste..
- In a non stick pan heat oil, add all the khada masalas like black pepper corn, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardamom and let it cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the onion paste to it and cook till onions turn nice brown..
- Add salt, garam masala, and the dry masala powder and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato purée into it and let it cook till the oil separates..
- Add yogurt and chopped coriander leaves at this point and mix well..
- Add the pan fried potatoes into it and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add water around 1 cup and let it simmer for another 5 minutes..
- Switch off the flame and before serving add crushed kasuri methi and some cream for garnishing. Serve this with any Indian bread of your choice…. I paired it up with lachha paranthas..
But the Kashmiri Dum Aloo I have for you today is one of the few. Dum Aloo is a traditional Kashmiri delicacy that is very popular in India. Usually served with butter naan or rotis, the flavours are enhanced when Dum Aloo is cooked on a low flame. I wanted to try Dum Aloo Recipe since long…. Baby potatoes cooked in a rich simmered tomato curd based gravy…I just loved the aroma of curd and tangy flavour of it in the gravy.