Mushroom Peas Masala.
You can have Mushroom Peas Masala using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Peas Masala
- Prepare 250 grams of mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need For of grinding:.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- It’s 4-5 of kashmiri red chilies, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1" of ginger.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilies.
- You need 1/4 tsp of whole peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
Mushroom Peas Masala instructions
- Grind the ingredients mentioned under 'to grind' into a smooth paste by adding some water. Keep aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and saute the mushrooms for 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the remaining oil with mustard seeds and asafoetida. After it stops spluttering, add the onion and curry leaves and fry till light brown..
- Add the tomatoes and cook till it is mashed. Now add the masala and turmeric powder. Continue to saute till the oil separates..
- Add the mushrooms, peas and salt. Mix everything well and add 1 cup water. Cover and simmer on a low flame till the gravy thickens..
- Add the ghee and garnish with coriander leaves. Switch off the flame and serve as a side dish with either rice or chapati..