Popcorn Chicken Nuggets. This Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe is an easy dinner idea your kids will love. These homemade Cheesy Popcorn Chicken Nuggets are oven baked to be light and crispy. Served with two easy dips that all the family will love.
Either way, you won't look at nuggets. Complete nutrition information for Large Popcorn Chicken Nuggets from KFC including calories, Weight Watchers points, ingredients and allergens. For more Chicken recipes check Chicken nuggets Chicken burger KFC style fried chicken Chilli Kfc popcorn chicken recipe – Crunchy, juicy, flavorful and delicious popcorn chicken that tastes. You can cook Popcorn Chicken Nuggets using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Popcorn Chicken Nuggets
- Prepare 200 g of Chicken fillet.
- You need 1 tsp of All Purpose Seasoning powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chicken coating mix (pre-mixed pack with flour, cornstarch, salt, seasoning).
- It’s 30-50 g of japanese style bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & prepper.
Popcorn chicken is a dish consisting of small, bite-sized pieces of chicken that have been breaded and fried, and was originally developed by KFC. Popcorn chicken was invented by food technologist Gene Gagliardi. Chicken nuggets are great, but popcorn chicken is far superior when it comes to fulfilling your bite-size chicken needs. If you're unaware of these needs just think about a salad.
Popcorn Chicken Nuggets instructions
- In a bowl 1, combine your all purpose seasoning powder and your flour coating mix. These are what I used. You can find similar kinds but diff brand in your supermarket I'm sure..
- In bowl 2, crack an egg and whisk with salt, pepper &/or seasoning to taste. I added a dash of Morroccan spices..
- In bowl 3, place your panko or japanese style bread crumbs. I ran out of the plain kind, so this is what I used. It's also seasoned, so I took it easy on the salt..
- Cut your chicken fillet to desired bite size pieces. Heat your oil in a frying pan (shallow fry). Low-Medium heat. Get a chicken piece and dip in bowl 1, 2, and 3 (in order). Ensure the chicken is well coated by all three then place gently in your hot pan..
- Check to see if golden before turning it on the other side. Don't let it burn, turn down heat if you see smoke or smell the flour burn..
- Fry until golden and rest on a cooling rack to keep it crispy..
- Serve and garnish with lettuce (absorbs excess oil), micro greens and your favorite dipping sauce..
Chop chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine chicken, buttermilk, and ranch packet. The popular golden, crunchy, bite sized popcorn chicken goes all vegan in our kitchen. The nuggets work best for this recipe. We have double coated the nuggets for a thicker and crunchier.