Steamed Tofu with Minced Meat. Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork – silkly tofu with generous toppings of ground pork, dried shrimp and fresh scallions.. Heat up a wok with some oil and stir fry the ground pork and dried shrimps until fragant. Add in the water, oyster sauce, soy sauce and bring it to boil.
It needs to be complemented with other ingredients to bring up its flavour. Steam and braise the tofu with minced pork (alternative method) Steam. Since tofu has already cooked when you purchase, some restaurants in Malaysia serve the tofu chilled, with the hot meat sauce as the topping right before serving. You can have Steamed Tofu with Minced Meat using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Tofu with Minced Meat
- You need 1 of tofu (silken).
- Prepare 100 g of minced meat.
- Prepare 0.5 of onions.
- You need 2 of shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1 of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster sauce (B).
- It’s 1 tbsp of light soy sauce (B).
- Prepare 1 of spring onions (C).
- Prepare 0.5 of sliced chillies (C).
There is an incredible feeling when you bite the hot sauce and cold tofu at the same time. Add the pork and cook until its colour is changed. Along the way of cooking, use a spatula to break apart the pork lumps. Pour in the chicken stock and cook until the pork is cooked through.
Steamed Tofu with Minced Meat step by step
- Place tofu on the plate and add weight on tofu to extract excess water..
- Steam tofu for 10 minutes..
- Marinade minced meat with ingredients in (B) for 5 minutes..
- Heat up pan with a bit of oil and fry garlic and onions until fragrant..
- Stir fry minced meat and mushroom..
- Add water and sweet soy sauce..
- Mix corn starch with a bit of water. Ensure that the gravy (water and sweet soy sauce) is boiling and then, add starch to thicken the gravy..
- Remove tofu from steamer and remove excess water..
- Pour gravy on top of steamed tofu..
- Garnish with ingredients in (C)..
The sauce is reduced to one-third. Stir in the sauce and cook to preferred consistency. A pack of soft tofu, minced meat (I used pork) and green onion are all we need to make this simple dish. Say, if you like our recipe videos, don't forget to follow our page and share them with your friends. Season the minced pork with some salt.