Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. The best grilled cheese and tomato sandwich is made with two semi-soft cheeses that are a little bit stickier than mozzarella or American cheese: sharp Press down on the sandwich with the back of a flat spatula to press the sandwich together. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in. Basil-Tomato Grilled Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. You can cook Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- It’s 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- You need 1 of ripe large tomato.
- It’s 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- It’s To taste of pepper & salt.
- Prepare of Some jalapenos (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. Keep reading for how this best grilled cheese sandwich (aka grilled cheese with tomato and basil), was inspired by not knowing anything. Sprinkle, dried herbs like oregano and basil. You can also use dried mix herbs.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called "buttered side down".
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
Also sprinkle some black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper and red chili flakes. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices. One of the best breakfast or lunch. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added.