Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits.
You can have Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits
- It’s of Equipment Needed.
- It’s 1 of 2-quart Pyrex measuring cup or other microwave safe bowl.
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 lb of Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage (or my Jimmy Dean copy cat).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Kentucky Kernel seasoned flour (do not substitute with regular flour).
- Prepare 2 cup of whole milk, warmed.
- Prepare of additional milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (only use if not using a spicy breakfast sausage)*.
Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits instructions
- If you would like to make your own hot breakfast sausage, try my Jimmy Dean copy-cat recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344691-homemade-jimmy-dean-hot-sausage.
- Make up a batch of 4everatwin's 7-Up biscuits. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/337872-7-up-biscuits.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the breakfast sausage until you don't see any pink. Remove from heat. Remove any excess grease and set aside..
- Add the butter to the Pyrex measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 minute to melt the butter..
- Remove from microwave. Stir in the Kentucky Kernel flour to make a roux..
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. The roux may foam up a bit. Don't worry, you can stir it back down..
- Slowly add the milk to the roux while whisking, incorporating it well..
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from micro and give it a stir..
- Microwave on high 2 more times at 1 minute increments, stirring in between. You will notice the gravy thickening after the first 1 minute..
- You will know when your gravy is done because a circular plume will develop in the gravy. (See photo below) If you do not see the plume, microwave in 30 second intervals until you do. Add additional milk as needed if a thinner gravy is desired..
- Stir in the sausage and ladle some of that southern love all over those wonderful 7-Up biscuits..
- * only use the red pepper flakes if you are using a standard sage breakfast sausage instead of spicy. Just add the pepper flakes to the sausage when browning..