Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. To take a tuna melt from good to great, it has to have all the right components.
Slather it on bread, top with fresh tomato slices and cheddar cheese and broil it in the oven. A Classic Tuna Melt is one of our favorite lunch recipes ever. A tuna melt is a warm, open-faced sandwich made with tuna salad and topped with tomato and melted cheese. You can have Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts
- It’s of Tuna Salad:.
- You need 2 cans (6 oz.) of each tuna.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayo.
- You need of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp. of finely diced celery.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- You need of Tuna Melts:.
- Prepare 4 of English muffins, split.
- It’s of Tuna salad.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
The central ingredient is canned tuna — aka "tuna fish". There are some who think the best tuna melt recipes absolutely must be made with American cheese and toasted white bread. Spread the bread out on a baking sheet and toast. Spread the toasted muffins or bread with the mayonnaise, if using.
Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts step by step
- To make the tuna salad, just place the tuna in a large bowl and break it up with a fork. Stir in all the rest of the ingredients together and set it aside. Set the oven to broil and lay out the split muffins on a baking tray. Broil them until toasted to your liking, then set the oven temperature to 400°F..
- Top the toasted muffins with the tuna salad, then with a sprinkle of cheddar. Place them in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. That's it! Serve it up with whatever side items sound good..
I have never been a huge fish person, but I love a good tuna sandwich. These Open Faced Tuna Melts are so easy to make, and full of amazing flavor. They are also full of protein and all the goods, so you don't have to feel guilty feeding them to your family. Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. All Reviews for Open-Face Tuna Melt – of Reviews.