Crawfish soup. This "soup for the Cajun soul" can be made with crab, shrimp, crawfish, all three or in combination with each other. Most everyone use the term Bisque and Chowder interchangeably. The Best Crawfish Soup Recipes on Yummly
Like most families we have recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. Puree soup and pass through a fine sieve. Boil again and stir in cream. You can have Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- You need 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- It’s 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- Prepare 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- Prepare 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- It’s 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- You need 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of large carrot diced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- You need 2 sprig of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
Season to taste and froth with an immersion blender. Serve soup with sauteed pears and crawfish. You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails. Sauté vegetables in butter until tender.
Crawfish soup instructions
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Add flour and stir until blended. You sit there looking at a soup so rich with crayfish, crabs or lobsters that the whole thing is a warming, welcoming. Saute onion in butter until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Try this crawfish corn soup made with Louisiana Crawfish, which displays the best flavors of both shrimp and lobster.