Skillet pizza chicken. This simple one Skillet Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Chicken is the perfect dinner to livin' up any night of the week. Mozzarella stuffed and parmesan breaded chicken, seared until crispy and golden. Finish the chicken in a simple tomato Alla vodka style sauce with fresh burst cherry tomatoes, basil, and pepperoni.
We LOVE this as a weeknight meal. It's one chicken recipe my daughter approves!! The cast iron skillet goes straight from the stove, to the oven, and to the table to serve. You can have Skillet pizza chicken using 4 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Skillet pizza chicken
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hormel pepperoni minis.
We love pizza, but an't justify having it several nights each week. This Skillet Pizza Chicken is definitely going to be joining the rotation because the kids gobbled it up right along with us. I love how easy the Hormel Pepperoni Minis are to add to. Add the bacon and chicken thighs back to the pan, and transfer the skillet to the oven.
Skillet pizza chicken instructions
- Heat skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil to medium. If chicken breasts are large, slice them in half to make them thinner. Cook chicken in skillet about 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken in skillet. Spread out pepperoni minis. Top with cheese. (optional) Add a few pepperoni minis on top of the cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes. Cheese should be melted, bubbly and possibly slightly browned if you like that. Serve with salad and pasta..
Remove the skillet from the oven. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and sprinkle them over the top of the skillet. Remove skin from chicken, remove meat. Upgrade chicken-BBQ pizza with this Alabama-style white sauce recipe made with mayo and a little vinegar. Using premade dough helps get dinner on the table quickly and easily.