Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust!. I'm a week into a keto diet. Yesterday, I was tired of my current go-to meals and looking to try something new. The rest of the family was having pizza, and my husband had just come home from the grocery store with tofu.
I knew that they loved tofu in just about any form, so I came up with this method and they love it! When I started getting more conscious about reducing carbs. This Cauliflower Keto pizza crust recipe is the closest thing we've created to actual pizza. You can cook Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust! using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust!
- You need 1/4 cup of Italian seasoning.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s Pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 pack of organic extra firm tofu.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
It's low in carbs and less calorie dense than fathead keto This pizza is made with a mixture of cauliflower, cheese, and egg but there are a variety of ways you can make a delicious crust that's low in carbs. Usually making keto pizza crust is a long drawn out process. It involves melting cheese, mixing, re-melting cheese, mixing more etc. etc. But the keto pizza crust we're making today comes together rather effortlessly.
Keto (tofu) Pizza Crust! step by step
- Drain and rinse tofu..
- Wrap tofu in paper towels and place under something heavy to remove excess moisture for about 30 mins. Change paper towels as needed..
- Smash tofu as much as possible to create a paste..
- Add and mix in all ingredients..
- Lay out on baking sheet between two sheets of parchment paper and for shape. Crust should be about 1/4 inch thick..
- Remove top parchment paper but leave bottom piece. Bake @ 400 for 30 minutes. (Picture is after baked).
- Remove and add desired toppings. Bake additional 10 minutes. Broil on Hi approx. 3-5 minutes until browned..
Place a block of tofu in a bowl and top with a heavy weight to drain water as much as possible. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until a rice-like texture is achieved. This is the BEST Keto Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe I've ever tried. I've included a GRILLING option as well. When I first started my Keto journey, I knew I had to experiment with this magical pizza crust everyone was raving about.