Eggplant musakka (Moussaka). An authentic, delicious recipe for Eggplant Moussaka- perfect for entertaining or serving at a special gathering. This classic Greek moussaka recipe is made by layering eggplant and potatoes with a spiced meat filling and topping it with a béchamel sauce. Moussaka is a scrumptious signature Greek dish that brings the flavours and traditions of the Mediterranean to your plate.
Moussaka is probably one of my ultimate favorite comfort foods of all times! Unfortunately, it also happens to be one of those dishes that's just darn near impossible to portray in a. A good moussaka—a baked casserole of eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and minced lamb or beef under a lush layer of béchamel sauce—is one of the most fabulous things you can. You can have Eggplant musakka (Moussaka) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant musakka (Moussaka)
- It’s 2 of eggplant cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 4 of ry green pepper cut into halves.
- You need 2 of onions diced.
- Prepare 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbs of or more salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need As needed of frying oil.
When choosing the right eggplant, look for those with the right length and circumference. The perfect size is about the dimension of a large pear. Maghmour is a thick, smoky eggplant and chickpea version of moussaka from Lebanon. It's loaded with extra virgin olive oil, tomato, and mint.
Eggplant musakka (Moussaka) step by step
- Cut the tips off and peel longwise.
- Cut and keep in salted water for 20 mins. (put some weight over a dish or something to keep them floating).
- Set oven for 375, cut onions and wash and parsley too. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a frying pan add onions, sautéed, then add ground beef and parsley, 2 tbs spoon of tomato paste, stir,when ground beef change its color add 1 cup of hot water boil and cover, let simmer for 15 mins..
- Take off and squeeze off water from them. Add generously some vegetable oil, start frying egg plant. Avoid overcrowding the pan. Turn them, after they got brown set aside over paper towel covered dish or something..
- Transfer eggplants into a 3 cm deep baking dish, then cover with ground beef mix, cut pepper and tomatoes. Decorate the dish. Mix 2 tbs of water with 1 tbs. of tomato paste, pour over eggplant.bake until tomatoes and peppers get brownish. 1/2 hour or so..
- Serve with rice and some plain yogurt..
- You can keep left overs in the freezer in a tight container.
Moussaka is a layered Eastern Mediterranean casserole dish made with eggplant or potato, a ground meat sauce, and a Greek yogurt and egg layer. Download Eggplant moussaka stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at. Artichoke Moussaka with Caramelized Onions and FetaDiane Kochilas. Meat and Potato Gratin Traditional Macedonian MoussakaDiethood. Comes with a step-by-step photo guide.