Avocado Cucumber Sandwich. Next, I layer the sandwich with green goodness: lettuce, cucumbers, avocado, and sprouts. I also give the cucumber slices and avocado slices a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice. It keeps the avocado from browning and it also gives the sandwich a lovely burst of lemon flavor.
Top with a second bread slice. Repeat with remaining cream-cheese mixture, bread, and vegetables. Garnish with cucumber slices and pea tendrils, if desired. You can cook Avocado Cucumber Sandwich using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Avocado Cucumber Sandwich
- You need of Ciabatta buns.
- You need of Avocados.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber, skin peeled.
- It’s of Red onion, diced.
- Prepare of Goat's milk cheese.
- You need of Basil pesto.
- It’s 1 of lime for juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
Thinly sliced, cool cucumbers are layered with mashed avocado and cream cheese spread on whole grain bread to make this satisfying Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich. I was reminded of this Cucumber Avocado Sandwich yesterday while I was planting some vegetable plants for our summer garden. One of my picks this year was Lemon Cucumbers. Cucumber sandwiches are a staple for tea parties.
Avocado Cucumber Sandwich step by step
- Cut ciabatta buns in half, spread lightly with basil pesto. Lay on a cookie sheet, pesto side up, and broil in the oven until toasted and edges are golden..
- Cut avocado and scoop out flesh. Mash with fork in a small bowl until consistent. Add diced red onion (chopped small) and squeeze in lime juice. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix well..
- Cut cucumber in half, and peel skin. Cut into spears..
- Spread avocado mixture onto bun, sprinkle with crumbled goat's milk cheese. Top with cucumber spears. Enjoy!.
Instead of going with the usual menu, however, why not try something different? Avocados give tea sandwiches a mild, yet surprising, touch. They are typically paired with cucumbers, but you. Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich Lean and green, this simple summer recipe is totally fresh! This is a vegetarian recipe that includes herbed goat cheese, but you can totally replace that with your favorite sort of vegan cheese.