Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs. Cooked in a Instant Pot® with beef broth, these spice-rubbed baby back ribs are finished in the oven for crispy, fall-off-the-bone meat. baby back pork ribs – this recipe of ribs made in the instant pot includes baby back pork ribs and a nice seasoning blend. Corn on the cob can be made as an optional side. Baby back ribs was one of the first dishes we made in our Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker.
The instant pot makes ribs so tender. The bones literally fell out of the rack as it cooked! Save those bones for healthy instant pot bone broth. You can cook Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- You need 2 of full racks of baby back ribs.
- It’s of Dry Rub.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional).
- It’s of Cooking Liquid.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 12 ounce of beer or root beer.
- You need 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke (personally I will increase this next time).
- You need 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
Freeze em until you have enough bones to fill your pot. How to Cook Baby Back Ribs: For Complete Instructions on how to make the spice rub and cook these juicy yummy ribs go to the printable recipe card. Easy Instant Pot BBQ Ribs – The easiest and quickest BBQ ribs made right in your pressure cooker! So saucy, sticky, and tender, it just falls off-the-bone!.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs instructions
- Remove membrane from ribs. (I skip this step on the recommendation of 2 butchers who told me I "watch" to many cooking shows, and to leave the membrane on).
- Coat with the dry rub. If you do this early enough, put ribs on plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. If done spur of moment let rest at least 30 minutes..
- Place trivet in bottom of IP, add liquid ingredients EXCEPT BBQ sauce..
- Stack ribs on the trivet on their side next to one another..
- High pressure cook for 30 minutes. Do a natural release..
- Baste with BBQ sauce and broil for 5-7 minutes. This finishing touch actually makes the ribs in my opinion..
This is truly the only way to prepare baby back ribs. The IP cuts down the time by more than half, and the quick broil at the very end helps caramelize the sauce so it's super sticky. Insert the rack and place ribs on top. Carefully, place the ribs on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray and brush both sides of the ribs with bbq sauce. When the baby back ribs come out of the instant pot, you'll want to slather them with a bottle of sauce.