Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce. Just a skillet, a couple juicy steaks, fresh mushrooms and a few simple ingredients prove it Very Good sauce! I actually used cube steak because of cost – Beef tenderloin is an expensive cut of meat. The cube steak was tender and the.
Mushrooms and port wine flavor the sauce for luscious beef tenderloin. Impressive enough for guests, yet easy enough for any family dinner. The mushrooms and port wine make an incredibly rich and flavorful sauce for the tenderloin roast. You can have Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter divided.
- You need 1 teaspoon of canola oil.
- It’s 2 of beef tenderloin steaks 1 inch thick and 4 oz each.
- You need 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need Dash of pepper.
- It’s 2/3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of browning sauce optional.
Transfer the mushroom sauce to a medium bowl or saucepan and keep warm. Top slices of beef tenderloin with a rich sauce of cremini mushrooms and sweet red wine. This elegant beef recipe is an ideal choice for entertaining. Heat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce instructions
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat cook the steaks to desired doneness for medium rare a thermometer should read 135 medium 140 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan reserving drippings keep warm.
- In same pan heat drippings and remaining butter over medium high heat sauté mushrooms and green onion until tender.
- Stir in flour salt and pepper until blended gradually stir in chicken broth and if desired browning sauce.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly cook and stir until thickened about 1 to 2 minutes serve with steaks.
Enjoy these hearty beef tenderloin steaks with Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce–perfect for dinner. Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes and White Asparagus in Orange SauceRecipesPlus. The mushrooms and port wine make an incredibly rich and flavorful sauce for the tenderloin roast. Brown beef evenly on all sides to sear. Transfer to rack in shallow roasting pan.