Easy Crispy Siew yok. It is incredible easy to make and taste just like (or even better) crispy pork belly that you buy from a Chinese restaurant. This video will show you how to. All the TLC went into this piece of Pork Belly.
Easy to prepare Siew Yoke (Roast Pork Belly) with a perfectly crisp crackling. Delicious served with steamed rice and perfect for any occasion or festival. Crispy crackling Skin roast pork recipe that will stay crispy for hours. You can have Easy Crispy Siew yok using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Crispy Siew yok
- You need of Cheapest pack of salt.
- Prepare of Slab of pork belly.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of 5 spice powder.
Easy to follow to make crispy skin roast port with step by step instructions For. Roland can always achieve extremely crispy and light roasted pork with this recipe. This is our second crispy pork belly video following the first one we. Nothing beats the crispy, crackling skin and juicy melt-in-your-mouth texture of the meat to set off the perfect succulent Chinese roast pork!
Easy Crispy Siew yok instructions
- Rub the 5spice powder all over. Pack on the cheap salt on the skin till about 1-1.5cm high. That's why u need cheap salt. Expensive salt don't stick to themselves..
- Bake at 200deg for 30mins. Use a xuetizi (those circular top down oven) as the skin crispy-fy more later. Fan forced oven is a heat and miss depending on your brand and oven heat..
- Remove the salt crust. It will come off easily as one whole piece..
- Bake again on top rack at 200deg for 30-40min till skin is blistered. My fan forced oven is uneven, so u can see the uneven blistering. I was too lazy to take out the xuetizi..
- Take a spoon or fork and knock on the skin. You can hear the crispiness immediately~~ yum. Crispiness remains even after it was left out for a while (if u use a xuetizi). I moved mine out and blasted it hahaha.
- Note: some ppl think poking the skin with a fork helps. It's ok, I don't see much difference. But u really have to slather on the salt esp the corners. Else they won't dehydrate in the first part and blister up later.
Crispy fried garlic Siew Yoke is dumped on top of the noodles, and all you need to do is mix it all up (middle photo). The lard and hot noodles hits the spot, and Try the Siu Yok and Char Siew selling in Prima Setapak Pasar Pagi too. Make sure you request the Char Siew sauce when you're buying them. We had an awesome siew yoke sifu show us how it's done! There's nothing quite like the crispy, crackling skin and juicy melt-in-your-mouth texture of the meat to set off the perfect succulent Chinese roast pork.