Tiropita/ Cheese pie. Light and flaky Greek pies filled with feta cheese, Tiropita make for a wonderful Tiropita (or tyropita) is a Greek pie made from layers of phyllo dough that are filled with a cheese and egg mixture. Tiropita with feta cheese (Greek cheese pie) is a very popular Greek dish, that comes into a variety of shapes and sizes. It can be made either in large pan and cut into individual portions.
Tiropitas, Greek cheese-and-egg filled phyllo triangles, are always a party favorite. What's more, they're not complicated and can be made ahead and stashed in the freezer, making them perfect to. Tiropitakia, are classic Greek, little cheese pies. You can have Tiropita/ Cheese pie using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tiropita/ Cheese pie
- Prepare 1 pound of feta.
- You need 1 pound of ricotta.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 pound of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of dill or parsley or mixture.
- Prepare 20 sheets of phyllo pastry.
To cook frozen tiropita, take them out of the freezer and remove plastic wrap. Put them in a baking tray and cover with foil. Tiropita in Greek literally means a cheese pie. You can buy Tiropita pies with a golden crust at every corner in Cyprus.
Tiropita/ Cheese pie step by step
- Crumble feta. Combine cheeses with butter. Beat eggs until thick. Combine egg with cheese and then mix in dill. I like dill a lot, so I add more than recipe calls for.
- Line 11x14x2 inch pan with 10 buttered sheets of phyllo. Add egg-cheese mixture. Top with 8 buttered sheets of phyllo..
- Bake in 350 F oven for ~30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
This pastry is loved both by children and adults because it's a perfect yummy snack. Here's an absolutely delicious and easy recipe for homemade tiropita! Tiropita is that Greek feta cheese pie in filo. In this video I'll show you how to. Tiropita or tyropita (Greek: τυρóπιτα, "cheese-pie") is a Greek pastry made with layers of buttered phyllo and filled with a cheese-egg mixture.