Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Chop up onions and garlic and place in pot that has the juices from the sausage in it. Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, pepper and onions until combined.
It's not that I'm on a health kick all of a sudden. I just really LIKE chicken sausage! If you can't find fully cooked chicken sausage, then by all means use the pork Italian sausage. You can cook Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet
- You need 1 pack of Costco chicken Asiago garlic chicken (it’s precooked but I brown it in the oven).
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of red pepper and 1 yellow pepper chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of par-boiled rice.
- You need 1 of small can tomato paste.
- You need 1/3 cup of lite cream.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Adobo seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 bag of low fat shredded cheese (optional cause the sausage had cheese in already).
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in broth, water and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Heat large skillet and add olive oil. Add sausage and brown on all sides.
Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a deep oven safe pot with Pam and brown the chicken sausage in it for 30 min.
- Let it cool then place in fridge cause if you cut even at room temp the CHEESE WILL OOZE OUT!.
- Chop up onions and garlic and place in pot that has the juices from the sausage in it. Add seasonings. Sauté til clear then add garlic and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and reduce to a simmer. Once rice is almost done add paste and sausage and lite cream. Add cheese if you want too..
Then add peppers, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cut sausage into bite sized pieces. Try this easy, qùick, tasty Saùsage and Peppers Rice Skillet dish that's sùre to become a family favorite. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and add the onions, peppers, and sausage. Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet is a super-flavourful comfort food.