You can have Jackfruit Pulao using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jackfruit Pulao
- It’s 300-400 gms of raw jackfruit, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 cups of Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- It’s pinch of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of yoghurt.
- It’s 1 cup of coriander-mint leaves, chopped.
- You need 8-10 of almonds.
- It’s 2-3 of green chilies.
- Prepare 2 cups of hot water.
- It’s as needed of chopped almond, mint, dry rose petals, pomegranate pearls and fried onions (opt).
Jackfruit Pulao step by step
- Boil or pressure cook the raw jackfruit cubes till soft, but al dente. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and saute the jackfruit till it turns slightly brown in colour. Keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil & ghee and temper with bay leaves, whole garam masala and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion and stir fry till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste & all the dry spices mixed with some water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and continue to saute till it is mashed. Add the yoghurt, followed by the chopped greens. Saute till almost dry..
- Add the fried jackfruit, soaked rice and almonds..
- Mix everything well and add 2 cups hot water along with the green chilies. Give it a stir and pressure cook for 2 whistles..
- Let the pressure release by itself. Then fluff it up with a fork..
- Garnish with all the garnishings as mentioned above and serve with raita and salad for a sumptuous meal..