Litti Chokha. Litti chokha recipe with step by step photos – a rustic and traditional dish of stuffed whole wheat dough balls, where the stuffing is a spiced mix of roasted gram flour or sattu..litti chokha recipe. firstly, i have baked these litti in appe pan which makes it easy to bake with finally, i request you to check my other lunch recipes collection with this post of litti chokha recipe. it. Litti Chokha is a Bihari recipe, which is extremely easy to put together and can be a nice wholesome delight for Bihari Cuisine lovers. Here's how you can prepare this dish by following these simple steps.
It is also popular in Jharkhand and parts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Litti Chokha is a traditional Bihari and Jharkhand dish that is quite similar to Rajasthani Baati but still very different. The litti is the bread made out of flour and is stuffed with sattu and chokha is the side. You can cook Litti Chokha using 34 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Litti Chokha
- Prepare of For little dough.
- Prepare 2 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s of salt as per taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare as needed of water for kneading the dough.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need of For stuffing.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sattu or roasted gram flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of carom seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pickle masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of finely chopped green chilies.
- It’s of salt as per taste.
- It’s of For Chokha.
- You need 1 of boiled potato.
- You need 1 of eggplant.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic.
- You need 2 of finely chopped green chilies.
- You need 2 tsp of finely chopped onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- You need 2 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice,salt as per taste.
- Prepare of For chutney.
- It’s 3 of roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of finely chopped green chilli.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1 of roasted garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of finely chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chili powder.
- You need of salt as per taste.
Learn step by step litti chokha recipe. Litti Chokha is a trditional snack food found in India's Bihar state. Litti is basically consists of wheat and sattu. Litti Chokha is a delicacy from the state of Bihar made with stuffed whole wheat dough balls with roasted chana dal and spices inside.
Litti Chokha instructions
- First make a dough,for this in a large mixing bowl put wheat flour,slat,oil and water,make a little tight dough once done keep it aside.Now prepare chokha -first roast the eggplant,onion,garlic,tomatoes till it changes and becomes soft..
- Then in a mixing bowl put boiled and mashed potatoes,chopped roasted eggplant,chopped roasted garlic,finely chopped green chilies,lemon juice,coriander leaves,finely chopped onions,mustard oil and salt as per taste mix everything together.Now prepare chutney..
- In a mixing bowl put roasted tomatoes,chopped roasted garlic cloves,finely chopped green chilies,coriander leaves,lemon juice,salt as per taste,finely chopped onion mash everything together with a spoon..
- Now prepare stuffing- In a mixing bowl put sattu,salt,carom seeds,pickle masala,red chili powder,roasted cumin powder,mustard oil mix everything together, now grease your hand and knead the prepared dough,divide it into equal portions and shape them into ball,now take a each ball of the dough..
- And spread it then stuff with a 1 tbsp of prepared stuffing mixture,bring the side to the center then seal,shape them into ball then put this litti on the roast grill,cooked till it’s done from all the sides once done brush it with ghee,serve hot with chokha,chutney…
These stuffed balls are known as Litties are usually roasted over. Litti chokha is an authentic Bihari food that is prepared as a main course meal. About Litti Chokha Recipe: A traditional Bihari recipe, Litti Chokha is a delicious recipe that can be included in your lunch or dinner menu. Litti has a hearty filling of sattu along with spices like ajwain. Litti Chokha is a traditional dish that has its origin from the state of Bihar in India.