You can have Gypsy Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gypsy Soup
- You need 1 of splash of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of roughly chopped onions.
- Prepare 4 stick of of celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of sweet potato/kumara, cubed.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 5 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of tumeric.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet basil.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of capscicum, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1 can of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of tamari/ soy sauce.
Gypsy Soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot and add onion and celery. Sweat for five – ten minutes until starts to glisten.
- Add the sweet potato and garlic and sweat for another five or so minutes.
- Add the water amd all spices except for the salt and soy sauce.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and all other vegetables. Simmer for a further 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the salt and soy sauce (tamari is a gluten free option if you need it)..
- Stir through, check your seasonings and serve..
- Note : you can use any vegetables really. As long as you have a root vegetable and something green for colour. I've used potatoes and brocolli instead of sweet potato and peas in the past. delicious! My partner likes his with a dollop of sour cream which is pretty yummy too :).