Mix Vegetable Rice.
You can have Mix Vegetable Rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mix Vegetable Rice
- Prepare 1.5 cup of basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped vegetables (potatoes, green peas, soya chunks, and carrots).
- You need 1 of large onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of Ginger garlic and grewn chilli paste.
- It’s 2.5-3 cups of water.
- Prepare 2.5 tablespoon of oil.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
Mix Vegetable Rice instructions
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain all the water and keep the soaked rice aside..
- In a deep pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Add onions and saute them till golden. Add ginger- garlic- green chilli paste and saute for 10 – 12 seconds..
- Add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes on a low to medium flame..
- Add all the veggies and saute again for 2 minutes on a medium to low flame..
- Add rice and saute gently for 2 minutes. Pour water and stir. Add salt and garam masala and stir again..
- Cover tightly and let the rice cook on a low flame, till the water is absorbed and the rice is well cooked..
- Once the rice grains are cooked, fluff and let the rice stand for 5 minutes..
- Serve the veg pulao hot with onion or raita. 🍚.