Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple).
You can have Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple)
- It’s 1 of very ripe pineapple.
- Prepare 1 of pork tenderloin (rub of your choice).
- It’s 8 of toothpicks.
- It’s 1 of metal bowl.
- It’s 1 of plastic wrap.
- Prepare 1 of tong.
- Prepare 1 of plate or pan.
- You need 1 of knife.
- It’s 1 of spoon.
Grilled Swineapple (pork & pineapple) instructions
- Cut the top off of your pineapple, using a knife and spoon, remove the insides. Try to leave 3/4" of pineapple for your sides.
- Open your tenderloin and remove as much fat as possible..
- After all the fat is removed, cut the loin in half and stuff inside the pineapple.
- Place the pineapple top back on and use your toothpicks to hold the top on. Leave 1/2" of the toothpick exposed. Easier to remove when the loin is done..
- I placed my pineapple in a metal bowl, covered with plastic wrap and placed back into the refrigerator to let the loin marinate with the pineapple overnight..
- Since I had to work late, smoking the loin was out of the question. So grilling my Swineapple it was. Using my 4 burner propane grill, I kept the 2 burners under the pineapple on low. The next burner I set half way and the farthest away burner I had on high. This method took exactly 2h15mins. I probed the side of the pineapple and a perfect 165°..
- After removing the loin from the grill, I waited 20 mins before I took the top of the pineapple off. Cut your slices and enjoy! The loin was spicey, sweet and so tender. No knife need to eat the loin..