Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven). Meanwhile make barbecue sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all. Remove from oven, and unwrap ribs; discard foil and drippings. When you want smoky grilled flavor, make your baby back ribs in the oven and finish them on the grill.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium high. Preheat the grill to medium heat. See great recipes for Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven) too! You can cook Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven) using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven)
- Prepare of Rub.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of beef soup base (powder).
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dehydrated onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need of Ribs.
- It’s 1 of rack of pork ribs (serves 1-2).
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onion chopped into chunks.
- You need 1 cup of chives chopped into chunks.
- You need 1 cup of parsley chopped into chunks.
- It’s 1 large of onion quartered.
- It’s 3 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of favorite/desired brand of BBQ sauce (I used Honey Garlic BBQ sauce).
- Prepare 2 oz of rhum (use 1oz for less strong alcohol taste; I used 2oz Appleton Jamaican Rum).
- You need 2 tsp of Sriracha (or red chili sauce).
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of Bistro (or favorite gravy thickener).
Absolutely the best oven baked BBQ rib recipe I have ever tried !!! Ribs in the oven are easy to make and come out perfectly tender every single time. These barbecue ribs have been dubbed the "best ribs ever" by my friends and family every time I make them. Follow the steps below to become a rib master all year round!
Rum-Gravy BBQ Ribs (Oven) instructions
- Mix rub ingredients in a bowl grind with back of spoon or fork to break clumps.
- Coat raw pork ribs with rub, use fingers to rub into meat (wash hands well).
- Refrigerate for 6-24h.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, prepare roasting pan (with lid) and rack, add water and bacon fat, throw in rest of chopped ingredients for ribs.
- Mix ingredients for sauce except Bistro (gravy thickener) and water, refridgerate until 20 mins before ribs are ready.
- Add ribs to pan on rack, cover and place in center of oven for 2h, at at 1 hour remove rack from pan to remove cooked herbs (otherwise they'll burn) flip the ribs return rack to pan and continue cooking.
- (Set herbs aside, can be thrown into broth for soup, or add them to your rice like I did for this…).
- In the last 20 mins of cooking, turn off oven, remove ribs from oven, finish sauce: mix water and Bistro bring to boil over medium heat stirring frequently, add rest of sauce ingredients, stir and simmer until desired thickness (~10 mins).
- Baste ribs and recover with lid, replace in oven for 20 mins , baste ribs again in sauce before serving.
Perfectly tender finger-lickin' ribs are actually pretty easy to make! OVEN ROASTED LOW AND SLOW BBQ RIBS. I just love how easy these low and slow ribs are to make. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make one rack, or two racks, or as many racks as your oven (and your effort!) will allow! Plus, when you make bbq ribs in the oven, you fill your kitchen with all of of that amazing "Come and get it!" baked baby back ribs smell.