Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs. Season your ribs with Dale's marinade, your favorite rib rub, grill seasoning, or simply salt and pepper. Place ribs, meat side down, in baking dishes. Cover the baking dishes with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
Preheat your cast-iron skillet over a medium-high burner. Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs LordBDOGG. Cut the rack in half to fit into skillet. You can have Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs
- Prepare 1 of Pork Spare Rib Rack.
- You need of Dry Rub.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cinnamon.
There are three types of pork ribs. Spare ribs are the outer ends of the pork ribs and are sparsely covered with meat. Back ribs are the short section of the ribs, which are cut a bit closer to the shoulder than spare ribs. These are sometimes referred to as baby back ribs.
Skillet Slow Oven Cooked Spare Ribs instructions
- First mix together dry rub ingredients.
- Massage rub all over the rack of ribs cover and let it sit over night if possible.
- Cut the rack in half to fit into skillet.
- Heat over to 250° F.
- Place the skillet with ribs in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Flip rack and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Voilà (wallha) your done & they are amazing!.
The night before you want to barbecue the ribs, prepare the rub: Combine all ingredients, and mix thoroughly until well. If your ribs have a thin membrane over the bones on the backside, remove by carefully sliding a knife under membrane and then peel. The meat of spare ribs is a little tough, with plenty of fat and a rich flavor. Consequently pork spare ribs lend themselves particularly well to simmering/braising and then grilling or slow roasting in the oven. As much as people want to rush the process and cook the spare ribs fast – this is not a cut of meat that will taste best if you.