Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola). Tender and moist gluten free banana cake that's made easily in one bowl with a rice flour blend, and a sweet cream cheese frosting. Both the "lighter" version of this cake and the regular version are packed with banana flavor and are moist and tender. Gluten Free Banana Cake – With Lighter Option!
And of course, if you're not gluten free just sub whole wheat pastry or all purpose for the. Almond Flour Banana Cake – This easy banana cake is the perfect way to use up overripe bananas! Gluten free, paleo friendly, and absolutely amazing! You can have Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola)
- Prepare 2 of large ripe plantains(as ripe as possible).
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clarified butter or ghee.
- You need pods of Cardamom 4 to 5 no.s.
- You need of Cashew nuts as needed to decorate.
- You need of Raisins as needed to decorate.
My kids go through phases with bananas. They're either ALL ABOUT THEM and eat through a giant bunch in just a few days, or. This recipe makes a moist and flavorful loaf that's great with nuts or Gluten-free flour blends vary greatly and different flour blends affect recipes in different ways. To see if it's done, stick a cake tester into the center of the loaf.
Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) step by step
- Cut the plantains length wise. Remove the seeds from inside and chop it into small pieces. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of sugar (depending on the sweetness of banana) and keep it aside.
- Fry 5 to 6 cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep it aside. This is used to garnish the banana cake..
- Heat a non stick pan with 3 to 4 tbsp of clarified butter or ghee. When the ghee starts to become hot, add the chopped bananas and cook it in low to medium flame until it is light golden brown in color and cooked well. Turn off the heat and wait it till the mixture cools down..
- In a separate bowl, break 4 large eggs, add 3 tbsp of sugar, 4 cardamom pods, a pinch of salt (to balance the sweetness) and 1/4 cup milk. Blend this mixture very well using a folk or by using a blender..
- Add the chopped bananas into the egg- milk batter and mix well to form a batter. At this point you may check the sweetness in the batter and add more sugar as per your taste..
- Heat a non stick pan, add few tbsp of ghee to it. When it becomes hot, pour the batter to it. Cover the pan and cook it in very low heat. When the top portion is about set,place the fried cashews and raisins on the top. This is done so that it won’t submerge inside the batter. Close the lid and continue to cook the batter in low heat..
- Wait till the top sets and side starts to become brown or starts to detach from the pan. It might take about 10-15 mins. The cake will be cooked when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- At this point demould the cake to a plate and reverse it. Put it back into the pan with the top facing down. This will allow the top side to cook and change the color to golden brown. Keep it for 5 mins or so. Make sure to do this step in low heat as well. Your banana cake is now ready. Serve hot with coffee !.
If it comes out with wet batter clinging. As an alternative to wheat flour, banana flour can be used to make gluten-free, Paleo-friendly baked goods (and other recipes). Banana flour is a novel concept for many who live in Europe or North America. But it actually has an extensive history in other parts of the world. This Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Cake is amazingly moist, sweet, fragrant and fruity.