You can have Popeye’s Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Popeye’s Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
Popeye’s Biscuits step by step
- Preheat 400°.
- Mix together 2 cups AP flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice 1/2 cup of cold butter into cubes. Add it to the dry mixture and use a pastry knife or a potato masher to cut the butter in. Do it until no large chunks of butter remain..
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup milk to the mixture. Stir with a spoon until dough forms..
- Roll on floured surface. Roll out ti 1/2” thick..
- Use a 3” biscuit cutter. Arrange on lightly greased parchment paper lined cookie sheet..
- Cook 22 to 24 minutes. Until brown. Brush with butter.