Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta.
You can have Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta
- Prepare 2 ounces of egg.
- It’s 2 ounces of milk.
- Prepare 6 of each- 3 ounce chicken breast pieces.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of each of salt,pepper,garlic,sage and Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 ounces of oil.
- It’s 1 Pound of pasta, fresh (We used Orecchiette pasta….your choice:).
- You need 2 ounces of butter.
- Prepare 2 ounces of flour.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of sage.
- You need 8 fluid ounces of heavy cream or half and half.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Crystal hot sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 3 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced.
- Prepare 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms — sliced.
- You need 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes- diced — diced or quartered.
- It’s 4 of each scallions- whites only — finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped — add to finish.
- You need 1/4 cup of scallion greens — add to finish.
Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta step by step
- Cook off the pasta per the directions and set aside..
- Mix the egg and milk together to make an egg wash..
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash and coat with the seasoned flour..
- Place the 2 ounces of oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken take out and reserve for later..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook to make a blond roux 3 minutes on moderate heat..
- Gradually add the stock to the roux, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps..
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the cream the Crystal hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce..
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes..
- Saute sliced andouille sausage,mushrooms, finely dice scallions and garlic for 2 minutes then add the diced tomatoes and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Season with thyme,sage salt, pepper..
- Add the chicken and the sauce to the sauteed ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. adjust seasonings as desired..
- Take out the chicken and toss the pasta with the sauce and the parsley and scallion greens..