Chinese BBQ Ribs. These are the best oven-roasted ribs ever, and they can also be finished on a grill for extra smoky flavor Creating steam in the oven is the key to tender meat The ingredients here are close to the ones used by traditional Cantonese barbecue masters to produce sticky-salty-sweet meat that has a reddish, caramelized crust — with ketchup standing in for Chinese red fermented tofu After searching the internet for a good Chinese Spareribs recipe and not finding any that caught my eye, I decided to make my own. This recipe is pretty simple, and yields tender, juicy, tangy ribs. In Japan, I cooked this in the fish broiler, but it should be fine on the grill or in the oven.
Baby back ribs will work just as well as St. You can cook ribs the same day they are marinated, but for best results, allow to marinade at least overnight and up to three days. Chinese five spice powder can be found in the spice section of most major supermarkets. You can cook Chinese BBQ Ribs using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Ribs
- You need 1 rack of pork spare or baby back ribs.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbls of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- You need 1 Tbls of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of ketchup.
- It’s 3 Tbls of honey.
- It’s 2 Tbls of hoisin sauce.
Do you love the ribs from the Chinese restaurant? Then you're sure to love these! Chinese BBQ I was always crazy for Chinese BBQ ribs, but one thing I didn't know was how easy they were to make at home! They're even easier to make nowadays because now you can buy the special BBQ sauce.
Chinese BBQ Ribs step by step
- Include all ingredients except last 3 Tbls honey and last 2 Tbls hoisin sauce for marinade. Put whole or halfed rack of ribs in a gallon zip lock bag and pour marinade into it and work it over ribs before sealing. Marinate in fridge 24 hours turning at least once..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place marinated ribs on roasting pan with rack and roast in oven 30 minutes meat side up. Turn rack over to bone side and roast another 15 mins. If it’s a meaty rack of ribs do 45 mins meat side up and 15 minutes bone side up..
- Remove ribs from oven and set oven to broil. Combine last two ingredients of honey and hoisin sauce and baste both sides with mixture. Broil each side in broiler 2 mins. Keep an eye on it so you don’t burn them. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before cutting them up..
They have a distinct pork flavor, a glossy sheen that implies the sweet glaze beneath, and a glowing red-pink color that penetrates the surface. Here's a simple recipe for making Chinatown char siu ribs at home on your grill or in the oven featuring a flavorful marinade. Easy Chinese Ribs w/BEST BBQ Sauce- Sticky, sweet, salty and umami all in one. Tender ribs fall off the bone for a perfect party appetizer or dinner! Louis style, cut into individual ribs Instructions Whisk together hoisin, soy, sherry, garlic, sugar, food coloring, and spice powder in a large bowl. cut the spareribs into individual ribs and arrange them onto a rack in a baking pan.