Molasses Spice Cookies. Now you have molasses spice cookies, so good! The Incredible Hulk of molasses cookies. This recipe for these cookies is barely adapted from Cook's Illustrated's Best Recipe Cookbook, and is.
Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Many readers wrote in asking how to make the molasses cookies pictured with Marie Fletcher's sorghum memories in the Sept/Oct issue. Here is her recipe Molasses Spice Cookies. You can have Molasses Spice Cookies using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Molasses Spice Cookies
- It’s of Wet.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Dry.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Share: Rate this Recipe These cookies make a great after-school snack or lunch-box treat. These warmly spiced molasses cutouts don't disappoint those familiar holiday cravings. Around this time of year we start thinking about silken pies, decadent cakes and cookies formed into whimsical. As a kid, I didn't like molasses flavored cookies.
Molasses Spice Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter on stove or in microwave.
- Combine butter, sugar and molasses.
- Set mixture aside, allowing it to cool a little in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Remove wet mixture from fridge and stir in the egg.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet batter a little at a time until fully mixed..
- Form dough in roughly golf-ball sized balls..
- Optional: For sweeter, crisper cookies, roll the balls in sugar before baking..
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 9 to 10 minutes..
I'd crinkle my little nose at gingerbread men and reach for a snickerdoodle instead. The molasses cookie recipe you need to bookmark for every holiday season. Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until cookies are puffed, cracked, and just set around edges. Dry, tasteless molasses cookies belong on a Christmas tree, not in a cookie jar. Molasses Spice Cookies from Cook's Illustrated.