Special Fried Rice (Chinese). This Chinese House Special fried rice recipe is so rich with flavor and texture. For the Chinese fried rice I used shrimp, chicken and beef. Chinese fried rice is a family of fried rice dishes popular in Greater China and around the world.
I am always trying to raise the bar on fried rice recipes. This one reminds me of some Vietnamese versions and has a hint of sweetness both from the lup cheong and the ketjap manis. Any meat can be used, but goes best with shrimp, bacon, spam, ham, Chinese sausage, or pork. You can have Special Fried Rice (Chinese) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Special Fried Rice (Chinese)
- It’s of Special Fried Rice.
- It’s of Peanut or EVO Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Ham Steak – Diced (100g).
- You need 1 Cup of Peas, Corn & Carrot (Mixed Veg Frozen).
- Prepare 2 cups of Chilled cooked Rice – Basmarti or Jasmine.
- It’s 1.5 Tbls of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Snow Peas (cut into 3/4inch squares).
- It’s Half of Cup Bean Sprouts (string removed).
- You need Half of Cup Spring Onions (Chopped +save sprinkle for serving deco).
- It’s 3 of Eggs (wisked +salt & pepper).
- You need Pinch of Salt for taste.
If each step is carefully followed, and the pan is always HOT when cooking, then this fried rice is sure to be a hit! Chinese fried rice is the quintessential comfort food. Think of it—a bowl of steaming white rice cooked to just the right consistency, filled with bits of In American-Chinese restaurants, you'll sometimes find it called "special fried rice." Today, fried rice dishes are found throughout China, particularly in the. Fried Rice – homemade Chinese fried rice recipe with Chinese sausage, shrimp, eggs and steamed rice.
Special Fried Rice (Chinese) step by step
- Add oil & heat frypan/wok on High – Wisk Eggs & add Salt & Pepper for taste. Pour egg into Hot frypan/wok and tilt egg mix until bottom of frypan/wok is covered. Flipping in sides of omlett until egg is fully cooked but not dried out. Remove from pan, slice omlett into strips & set aside..
- Add oil & heat frypan/wok on high. Add diced ham stir & fry for a minute, add mixed vegies & sweat down. Add in chilled pre-cooked rice and mix. Add the Soy Sauce, stir thoroughly. Add Snow Peas, Sprouts & heat until cooked through. Add Egg & Shallots in the last minutes, mix through & serve hot..
- Cooked Prawns, Chinese Pork or Chicken slices can be added and mixed through the rice in the last minutes of the cook also..
Chinese restaurants will usually use Jasmine Rice. How do you make fried rice with fresh rice? Allow the rice to sit out while it's hot and give it a few minutes so that the moisture will evaporate. Chinese fried rice prepared with freshly cooked rice has a softer texture, yet you can make the outer surface dryer by frying briefly with high heat. The rice is delicate inside and aromatic outside.