Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice. You can try this in any cooking vessel. Fenugreek leaves are also called Methi leaves or Methi ke Patte in Hindi. Fenugreek leaves have a variety of nutrients that are important for health like Vitamin K, Calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin A.
Fenugreek leaves has faint bitter taste. We like this methi flavors so I use the leaves as such. But if you don't like the bitter flavor, you can reduce the So I have used fresh methi leaves for making this rice. You can have Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 5 of cloves.
- You need 1 of onion fined chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli slit.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger – garlic paste.
- You need 1 cup of methi leaves / fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 cup of basmati rice soaked 30 minutes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peas.
- Prepare 2 of tomato fined chopped.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s to taste of salt.
But when methi is not in season and fresh one is not available, I have made it using frozen. Aloo Methi is a delicious dish made with potatoes, fenugreek leaves, and a combination of spices. Fenugreek is a green leafy vegetable with a unique taste that is packed with nutrients. There are many health benefits of fenugreek.
Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves rice instructions
- Basmati rice soaked 30 minutes in water..
- In a kadai add ghee and also spices and saute till they turn aromatic..
- After that add in onions and saute well..
- Now add chilli and ginger – garlic paste amid tomato saute well after that saute methi leaves till they shrink in size. Then add turmeric and chilli powder..
- Add in 1 cup basmati rice, saute for a minute without breaking rice grains. now add peas, water and salt to taste..
- Stir well and cover and cook till rice gets cooked well completely..
- Finally, serve methi pulao with raita of your choice..
This dish is delicious in addition to being healthy! Fenugreek leaves or Methi leaves are one of the most widely used green leafy vegetables. Fenugreek leaves are used widely for its medicinal benefits to treat diabetes, constipation and even kidney ailments. In this article, we shall discuss fresh and dried Fenugreek leaves benefits in detail. Methi rice is a delicious tempered rice made with methi leaves, rice & spices.