Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry. It's a very simple, quick and easy meal. It's low fat, healthy meal! 家常便飯, 健康食譜, Simple dinner Thank you for watching! Stir-fry the shrimp until pink and just cooked and remove.
You can serve this dish with Chinese Cucumber Salad, Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce, or Four-Ingredient Okra Stir-fry. Place the tofu in paper towels or a double thickness of cheesecloth. Press gently to extract as much moisture as possible. You can cook Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry
- You need 1 of Large bag of medium shrimp, peeled and no tails.
- Prepare 1 medium of Sweet onion, diced.
- You need 1 large of Zucchini, diced.
- You need 3 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of Baby portobella mushrooms, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of diced garlic.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin for sauteing.
- It’s 1 can of mini corns, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1/2 can of bean sprouts or 1/3 cup fresh bean sprouts.
- You need 1 packages of Super firm Tofu, cubed (bought mine cubed already).
- Prepare 1 of Bottle of Orange Sauce, any brand will do.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 can of water chestnuts, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 packages of Broccoli slaw.
Push mixture from the center of the wok or skillet. If you're new to stir-frying tofu, start with this marvelous marriage of land and sea. It is easy and the ingredients are readily available. Have the peas and stock nearby too, as the first part of this stir-fry comes together quickly.
Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry instructions
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and let heat. Then add your onion, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms. Saute until tender-crisp..
- Add your broccoli slaw, Sesame seeds, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and Tofu. Let the slaw become tender..
- When the ingredients are nice and soft; add shrimp. Be sure to mix the shrimp together so it can cook evenly! Let cook until almost all the way pink. Then add the Orange sauce!.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat! Serve with your choice of side! We had ours with rice!.
Also, drain the tofu in a strainer or colander and. Stir-fries are like salads: you can put almost whatever in it and it will be a quick, healthy, delish meal. I've put in my favorite veggies into this recipe, but please feel free to substitute whatever hearty vegetables you have on hand. Growing up, my father even put iceberg lettuce in the mix. Stir fry for a minute or two on high heat to let the sauce thicken and then add the tofu.