Simple Buttermilk Biscuits.
You can cook Simple Buttermilk Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of butter, cubed and very cold.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
Simple Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degees. Place flour, baking soda & powder and salt in food processed..
- I keep my butter in the freezer to get extra cold while gathering my other ingredients. Add butter to food processer and pluse 1-3 times until the mixture resembles coarse sand..
- Add buttermilk in batches, pulse after each addition of buttermilk. Stop pulsing when dough is just combined..
- Dump dough onto floured surface. Pat dough together, handling it as little as possible. Cut out biscuits, reuse the leftover dough by kneading a few times and patting out again. The biscuits made from rerolled dough will not be as fluffy as the first batch..
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden & fluffy..
- You can freeze these biscuits on baking sheet until frozen through. Place in storage bag to use at a later date. To bake from freezer, preheat oven to 400°F and bake for 20 mins..