Shorshe Pomfret (Fish in Mustard Gravy).
You can cook Shorshe Pomfret (Fish in Mustard Gravy) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shorshe Pomfret (Fish in Mustard Gravy)
- You need 4-5 pieces of pomfret fish.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kalonji (nigella seeds).
- Prepare 2-3 of green chillies, slit.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard seeds, soaked in 1/2 cup water for 25-30 minutes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of raw mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
Shorshe Pomfret (Fish in Mustard Gravy) step by step
- Grind the mustard with one green chilli and a pinch of turmeric powder into a smooth paste..
- Keep aside. Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a pan & fry the fish till light golden in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with kalonji and remaining green chilies. Now add the mustard paste, tomato paste, salt and turmeric powder. Stir for a few seconds..
- Then add 1/2 – 1 cup water. Bring it to a boil. Gently drop in the fried fish pieces. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame..
- When done, add the raw mustard oil and switch off the flame. garnish with coriander leaves..
- Serve with hot steamed rice..