[Vegan] Chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Are you also excited for fall baking?! Well, I am, especially when pumpkins are involved! After I posted a recipe for my Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, which btw was a huge success, it was time to slightly modify the recipe and create a pumpkin bread.
Serve with hot Pumpkin spice Caramel Latte or other hot drinks of choice. Oh, and now this vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Wow, this one is quite a treat. You can cook [Vegan] Chocolate chip pumpkin bread using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Chocolate chip pumpkin bread
- It’s of Wet ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of 100% pure pumpkin pureé.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar.
- You need 1 of flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 mins).
- It’s of Dry ingredients:.
- It’s 2 cups of gluten-free oat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of almond meal.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Add-ins:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips.
Oh, then there's the chocolate chips. Pumpkin and chocolate go SO well together since pumpkin is so versatile. This mini chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is fast, easy, you don't need a mixer, and tastes more like cake than bread. I'll never complain about that since bread for The pumpkin bread is vegan but you'd never know it.
[Vegan] Chocolate chip pumpkin bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside..
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated..
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips..
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Using a butter knife, cut a slit down the top of the loaf, making it slightly off center. This will create a beautiful split on top of the loaf. Optionally, sprinkle and lightly press 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips into the loaf..
- Bake for 40-60 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done..
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2-3 hours, or until completely cool..
No eggs, butter, or traditional dairy involved, and yet it tastes so rich and decadent. So, how do we make Chocolate Chip Vegan Pumpkin Bread?? It has a good amount of pumpkin puree, which helps keep things super tender and moist. BUT, not so much that the pumpkin bread is too "wet". This pumpkin chocolate chip bread makes a great fall snack, dessert, or even a sweet breakfast treat.