Vietnamese Grilled Pork (Thit Nuong).
You can have Vietnamese Grilled Pork (Thit Nuong) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Grilled Pork (Thit Nuong)
- You need 2 pounds of pork shoulder, thinly sliced or cut into 1/2-inch thick steaks to be cut into smaller pieces after cooking.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lime zest or 1 Tablespoon very finely minced lemongrass (the latter is preferable, but not widely available).
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup).
- Prepare 1 of large green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
Vietnamese Grilled Pork (Thit Nuong) step by step
- TO MARINATE: In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days, before cooking..
- GRILL COOKING METHOD: If you're cutting the meat into small pieces, you'll need a grill basket to keep them from falling through the slats. Spread the pork in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the coals or gas element) until the meat is cooked through and the fatty bits are charred. 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- SAUTE/STIR FRY COOKING METHOD: Cook in three equal batches in a medium high preheated and well oiled (about 2 teaspoons oil per batch) saute pan or fry pan or wok. If you want to ramp up the char factor with this method, you can turn the heat up a little bit higher and use about a teaspoon more oil for each batch. I won't lie – it's messy. But sometimes, you gotta put up with a little mess to make something really delicious..
- BROILER COOKING METHOD: Preheat broiler. Spread in a single layer on a broiler pan and place about 4 inches under the broiler for 10 to 12 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and some of the fatty bits are charred..
- Enjoy! :).