Kousa Mahshi. Lebanese stuffed zucchini kousa mahshi – طريقة تحضير الكوسا المحشي باللحمة. To adapt this kousa mahshi recipe for vegetarians, use chickpeas instead of minced beef. Stuffed squash, courgette, marrow, mahshi, or zucchini is a dish of the region of the former Ottoman Empire from the Balkans to the Levant and Egypt, a kind of dolma.
I've made a few different vegetarian versions of kousa mahshi for Nightbooks, and although they were tasty, I'd. Kousa Mahshi This dish can easily be made completely paleo by replacing the rice with one cup of pinenuts. This is a wonderful fall dish as the chill begins to creep into the garden. You can cook Kousa Mahshi using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kousa Mahshi
- It’s 5 of baby marrows, washed and dried.
- You need 100 gm of mutton mince, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1/2 cup of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 2 of fresh red chilies, chopped.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need of coriander leaves to garnish.
As I dug through recipes for Kousa Mahshi, many would describe this dish as an ancient favorite, as So in the face of these facts, it's safe to say that Kousa Mahshi is a relatively new invention, likely a. Cored zucchini are stuﬀed with a fragrant mixture of meat and rice, and then slowly simmered on the stove for a delicious and hearty dinner. Suggested locations Kousa Mahshi: Stuffed Squash, Lebanese-style. Kousa Mahshi has been handed down by generations of Lebanese families.
Kousa Mahshi step by step
- In a bowl, mix together rice, mince, salt, onion, pepper powder, garam masala powder, fresh chilies, coriander leaves and olive oil. Keep aside..
- Boil the tomatoes along with 3 cups water, red chilli powder and salt for 2 whistles. When cool, blend it and strain. Keep aside..
- Half the baby marrows and score them with the help of a knife or an apple corer to make them hollow..
- Fill the marrows with the prepared rice-mince mix. Now pour the prepared tomato sauce in a pressure cooker and gently place the stuffed marrow on it..
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 whistles. Let stand for 10 minutes before opening..
- Carefully, transfer the cooked marrows to another dish and simmer the tomato sauce till it reduces to half of it's quantity..
- While serving, pour the liquid on a serving dish and place the cooked marrows over it. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with pita bread..
The recipe here is our version of this classic dish. Photo "Kousa mahshi" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. The image is available for download in high resolution quality. How to Make Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini (Kousa Mahshi). Kousa Mahshi is Iraqi's most favorite dish from all over the country.