Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek. I use this recipe exactly, except I've never tried it with garlic. I'm going to try it next time! Also, instead of tossing the asparagus with the parmesan, I toss with all the other ingredients and lay in a single layer, then sprinkle the parmesan all.
Trim each leek at root end, then cut off top where the thick green leaves begin. Cut in half lengthwise and soak in cold water Combine leeks and asparagus in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. You can cook Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek
- Prepare 500 gr of potato gnocchi (thawed, if frozen) (1lb).
- You need 500 gr of asparagus (1lb).
- Prepare 1 of large leek, only use the white part.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen vegetables (we used peas, but you can use spinach, broccoli, etc.), optional.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of softened butter, unsalted.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Place in a large roasting pan and roast. The combination of the starchy gnocchi with the fresh asparagus and pesto was fantastic, and it was totally packed with flavor (I used homemade pesto. Watch how to make perfectly roasted asparagus in this short recipe video! Change up the flavors by choosing your favorite garnishes.
Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek instructions
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). In a large bowl, toss the gnocchi with half the oil until coated. Spread out evenly on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half the butter..
- Wash the asparagus and trim the woody part at the bottom, cut into thirds..
- Cut the white part of the leek lengthwise and then slice into thin half moons..
- Peel the shallot and slice thinly..
- Add asparagus, leek, shallot, and the frozen vegetables (if using) to the same bowl and toss with the remaining half of the oil, until coated. Then spread evenly on a different baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper and the rest of the butter..
- Place both trays in the oven (if placing on different levels, put the gnocchi on the lower, the greens on the higher level) and bake for 20 minutes..
- Five minutes into the baking, gently stir the gnocchi to distribute the butter. Do the same with the vegetables. This should be repeated every five minutes for the vegetables ONLY..
- Once the 20 minutes are over, take both trays out of the oven, add the gnocchi to the vegetables, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and toss to mix..
- Serve with additional parmesan, if desired, and enjoy!.
Add the gnocchi, pancetta, reserved cooking liquid, lime juice, salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook for one minute or until mixture is piping hot, taking care. Using tongs or a mesh strainer, transfer to a Kind of a fail. My homemade ricotta didn't work, I substituted broccoli for asparagus and dried for fresh morels. I think I ruined the original but am not.