Kolkata style Chicken Briyani.
You can cook Kolkata style Chicken Briyani using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kolkata style Chicken Briyani
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- You need 500 gm of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 3 of medium size slice onions.
- It’s as needed of oil for frying the birista and cooking.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of birista (fried onion).
- You need 1 tsp of Kewra water.
- It’s 1 tsp of rose water.
- You need 1 tsp of meetha attar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of briyani masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 5 piece of alubukhara (dried plums).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated khoya.
- It’s 1 1/4 cuo of milk.
- You need pinch of saffron strands.
- Prepare 2 tsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 4 tsp of melted ghee.
Kolkata style Chicken Briyani instructions
- First make birista for deep fry the slices onions till slightly golden in color then fry the potatoes once done keep it aside..
- Then marinate the chicken for this in a large mixing bowl mix together curd,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder, birista,kewra water,salt,biryani masala powder,pepper powder then add chicken pieces keep it aside for few hours,soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Then heat a kadhai add some oil then add the marinated chicken pieces add the potatoes cook it on a low medium flame till it done.
- Now separate the chicken pieces and little gravy contain in it, set the kadhai grease it with some ghee then boil the rice with whole garam masala parboiled the rice, now assemble everything together..
- Some chicken pieces,potatoes,dried plum sprinkle with some biryani masala powder,grated khoya put some rice then soaked saffron milk mixture then again layered with rice sprinkle with biryani masala powder,grated khoya milk essence mixture melted butter ghee mixture and birista..
- Cover it with aluminum foil then put the lid on it cook it on very low flame for 35 minutes then turn off the heat keep it aside for 30 minutes then serve hot..