Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits.
You can have Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour… i use bread flour sometime … just finer milled.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter…. i like real butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk…. with 1T of vinegar added… can use 1/2 & 1/2 or buttermilk.
Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits instructions
- Put all the dry goods in a mixing bowl… Mix by hand well..
- Add a cold stick of butter.. 1/2 cup…. I use a pastry cutter to incooperate the butter and flour mix…
- Mix should look crumbly…. The crumbs should look pebble size..
- Add about 1/3 of the milk mixture. Mix by hand….
- Add 1/3 more of milk mixture. Knead as you add the liquid..
- It should make a grapefruit size ball of dough… I wrap these bundles in clear wrap and put in a freezer bag so they are ready to go when I want to make homemade biscuits..
- TO BAKE…. Preheat the oven to 400°. thaw out dough and knead.. Lightly flour hard surface to roll out dough..
- Roll dough out to a 6×6 piece of dough….
- Place dough in baking pan. Cut but don't separate them.. They should be able to be cut into 9 biscuits…. paint top of biscuits with milk, and bake for 15 minutes.