Matka Murgh Dum Biryani.
You can have Matka Murgh Dum Biryani using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matka Murgh Dum Biryani
- It’s 700 gms of chicken, cut into medium size.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- You need 2 cups of thick buttermilk.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need handful of coriander & mint leaves, chopped (save some for later use).
- It’s 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of ghee.
- It’s 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of small piece pathar ke phool.
- Prepare pinch of saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp water.
- You need 1 half of hard boiled egg, cut into.
- You need few of chopped cashews to garnish.
- Prepare of mint leaf to garnish.
Matka Murgh Dum Biryani step by step
- Marinate the chicken with all the above mentioned ingredients, starting from fried onions to coriander-cumin powder for 2-3 hours..
- Bring sufficient quantity of water along with (1 tbsp. salt, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaves, mace, star anise & pathar ke phool) to a boil..
- Add the drained rice and cook for 3-4 minutes till half done. Drain & keep aside..
- Transfer the marinated chicken into the greased pot. (Save some marination for later use)..
- Then spread a layer of the rice, followed by the fried onions, coriander-mint leaves,.
- Boiled eggs, saffron & leftover marinade..
- Close the matka (clay pot) with an aluminium foil and place the lid over it. Cook on a high flame for 10 minutes. Then simmer on a low flame for 8-10 minutes..
- After it is done..
- Then transfer the contents to a serving dish and garnish with chopped cashews and mint leaf. Serve them with raita..