You can have Beef Stroganoff using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of lean beef.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 (14 1/2 oz) of can beef broth.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped fine.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, or to taste.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Egg noodles.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Slice beef into 1/2 by 2in strips, then place in bowl and drizzle with olive oil and baking soda, mix to coat beef, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place beef in a colander and rinse under cold water, pat with paper towels to dry.
- In a large sauté pan heat a little oil and brown meat on all sides, remove from pan set aside.
- In the same pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter add onion and mushrooms, sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated, then add garlic and sauté a minute more.
- Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of flour, cook stirring for a minute or two making a roux, add beef broth stirring to release any brown bits from bottom of pan, until slightly thickened then add reserved beef, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and nutmeg. Lower heat to medium low and simmer 30 minutes or more if you want the beef very tender, stir occasionally.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drain.
- When noodles are done, stir sour cream into beef mixture, adjust seasoning, serve over noodles.