Afghan biscuit/cookie. Afghan Biscuits are a Kiwi favorite. The chocolate and cornflake biscuit, also known as a cookie, is topped with chocolate icing and walnuts. These afghan biscuits are creamy, nutty, chocolatey, crunchy and could almost be the definition of perfection.
Indeed, there are mentions of the cookie as representation of an Afghan male, wearing a. This is a sweet Afghani Cookies' recipe (Kolcha). Using vegetable shortening will give it a better texture and it will last for longer as. You can cook Afghan biscuit/cookie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Afghan biscuit/cookie
- It’s 3/4 cup of soften butter plus 1tablespoon.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar plus 2 US tablespoons.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flour self raising.
- You need 2 tbsp of US measurement cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of cornflakes or crushed weetbix or large rolled oats.
- It’s 1 of walnuts or coconut for on the top..
A classic delicious Chocolate version of Grandma's Afghan Biscuits recipe. An Afghan biscuit is a traditional New Zealand biscuit made from flour, butter, cornflakes, sugar and cocoa powder, topped with chocolate icing and a half walnut. The chocolate and cornflake biscuit, also known as a cookie, is topped with chocolate icing and walnuts. Deliciously crunchy Afghan cookies are a rich chocolate cookie coated in satiny set icing and topped with a walnut half.
Afghan biscuit/cookie instructions
- Preheat oven 180°C or 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add flour and cocoa.
- Add cornflakes last so as not to break them up too much..
- Put spoonfuls on a greased oven tray and bake for about 15 mins..
- Leave them to cool.They firm up as they cool..
- Ice with chocolate icing and top with walnuts or coconut.They melt in the mouth when cooked right.I used half cornflakes and half weetbix for mine..
A New Zealand classic favourite biscuit. Immediately spread over cooled biscuits and top each with a little of the chopped walnuts, to decorate. Afghan Biscuits, Stuffed Biscuits, Biscuit Cheese Balls, etc. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This is a sweet Afghani Cookies' recipe (Kolcha).