French onion soup Instant Pot IP. To make the Instant Pot French onion soup recipe attainable on even a busy weeknight, I caramelized the onions in my Instant Pot. Peeling the cheese off while eating is one of the best parts of the french onion soup experience! Instant Pot French Onion Soup is simple, tasty, and impressive!
To this day, oh so many years later, there are some French words and phrases that just stick with me. One fun part of this class was being a member of the French Club. A French onion soup recipe that is not only delicious, but is a time saver. You can cook French onion soup Instant Pot IP using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- You need 2 of red onions chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cups of white wine.
- It’s 4 cups of beef broth.
- You need 4 of thyme sprigs.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced (garlic lovers 8 cloves).
- You need 1 of baguette loaf.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- You need of Kosher Salt.
- It’s of Fresh ground pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
Instant Pot French Onion Soup is great for those chaotic weeknights when you are in a hurry but still want a satisfying dish. Use Instant Pot French Onion Soup as a light main dish or as a great appetizer to a great entree. When ready to serve, heat the soup in a pot, and pour the soup into ceramic bowls. To create the cheesy bread topping, arrange baguette slices on top of each bowl, with some shredded or sliced cheese.
French onion soup Instant Pot IP step by step
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium saute setting..
- Add onions and baking soda until onions soften slightly and start to release liquid. Around 3 minutes..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. No need to add liquid. The onions will release all the liquid needed. When finished quick release the pressure. Remove lid..
- Drain liquid then on high/more saute setting, continue to stir the onions till all the onions are sticky and brown..
- Add broth, white wine, salt, and garlic stirring and scraping bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck to bottom of the pot. Add thyme and bay leaves..
- Reseal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When beeper sounds do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid..
- Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Preheat oven to broil. Cut the baguette into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces…
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls leaving room for the baguette on top. Add pieces of baguette (2 or 3) on top of soup. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese..
- Place bowl in oven and cook with oven door cracked until cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven. sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley over the top..
Let the french onion soup cool completely before storing it in airtight containers and storing it in the fridge or freezer. By Layla Published in All Recipes. Classic French onion soup loaded with caramelized onion, beef broth, and topped with gooey cheese, This DELICIOUS and Tasty dish is a crowd pleaser and is made in the pressure cooker to save you time!. Place onions, butter, and sugar in a pressure. French onion soup is a comforting lunch or dinner soup.