Complete Italian Sunday Dinner. I'm cooking with my "popo" Grandma. Today she is my "nonna" For those of you who don't know, my mother is Chinese and my. Favorite Italian recipes for the best dinner of the week.
These recipes feature classics like lasagna and bolognese This rustic stew cooks all day in the slow cooker so you can come home to a comforting, hot dinner. At the heart of every Sunday dinner was gravy and meatballs. Though every family had its variations, the basic premise was the same: braise cuts of pork and beef in olive oil. You can cook Complete Italian Sunday Dinner using 22 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Complete Italian Sunday Dinner
- Prepare 1 lb of Hot sausage.
- You need 2 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 2 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 28 oz of Can of tomato purée.
- You need 28 oz of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 28 oz of Diced tomatoes.
- It’s 6 oz of Tomato paste.
- It’s 15 oz of Ricotta cheese.
- It’s 12 oz of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leafs.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of Grated cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Hot pepper flakes.
- You need 1 lb of Ziti.
- It’s 1 loaf of Italian bread.
With a salad, a loaf of crusty Italian bread and some red wine (homemade, if you were lucky), Sunday dinner was complete. Here, for an Italian Sunday dinner, it's usually a huge ordeal, with family and friends. and the order kinda depends on what you're serving. For instance, if you're making a pasta, a red sauce (typically called gravy) would be made. This sauce would be a basic marinara made in a big pot, but you would.
Complete Italian Sunday Dinner step by step
- Dump the Purée,Paste,Sauce,and Diced tomatoes in your crock pot…. Add 1 tablespoon of the oregano,1 tablespoon Minced garlic, 2 bay leafs, chopped onion, 1 tablespoon Thyme, teaspoon of sugar, salt, pepper, grated cheese,pepper flakes,basil and give a good stir.
- Take your hot sausage and place it on a grease pan and place in a preheated oven at 375 for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes remove the sausage from the oven and cut it in half.
- Put the pieces of sausage in your crock pot with the sauce and give it a stir.
- Place ground beef in a large bowl add in a cracked egg, handful of bread crumbs,1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 table spoon oregano, 1 tablespoon thyme, Salt, Pepper.
- Mix up beef mixture until all is combined.
- Roll your meatballs size of your liking.
- Place your meatballs on a grease pan and place in the preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- After your meatballs are complete remove from oven.
- Place your meatballs in your crockpot I use tongs to drop them in so that I can shake off or make sure there is no grease still on them….
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Boil your water.
- Cook your pasta until it's a little under done and drain.
- In a bowl mix your ricotta cheese,1/2 teaspoon basil,1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt, pepper,cracked egg, and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and mix up.
- Add your noodles to the cheese mixture.
- Spray bottom of baking dish with nonstick and dump in your cheesed noodles and even out.
- Add on top of the noodles the rest of the bag of mozzarella cheese and place in a preheated 360°F oven.
- Cook your ziti for about 25 minutes until it's hot throughout looking a little toasted on top.
- Cut your loaf of bread completely in half and place on baking sheet.
- Melt enough butter to coat your bread.
- Brush your butter on the bread.
- Spread on your wanted amount of minced garlic and shake on some garlic powder across the bread.
- Place in the oven with your ziti for about 15 minutes until your garlic looks toasted on top.
- Plate it all and I soooo hope you enjoy!.
Who can forget the wonderful Sunday Dinners and Nonna's House. No matter how small the house was there was always room for all her children with their spouses, grandchildren, brothers and sisters with their families and of course it never failed that some friends. italian sunday dinner Complete Italian Sunday Dinner Recipe by Beth. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Dinner and Food recipes. This recipe combines ricotta, mozzarella, and paresean cheeses, and spinach stuffed into the shells.