Oven Jerk BBQ Chicken. Perfect Baked Jerk Chicken Perfect Baked Jerk Chicken. Crispy, papery skin and perfect on the inside. The Secret to Jerk Chicken in the oven is the grill and i'm going to show you how it's done on the grill This is my take on barbecue jerk chicken.
We've created a Jerk Chicken Oven style for those who don't have a jerk/bbq grill, or the time do to it the more authentic way like our Jerk Chicken grilled recipe. Add chicken to remaining barbecue sauce. Trim chicken of excess fat and pat dry with a cloth or paper napkin. You can cook Oven Jerk BBQ Chicken using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Jerk BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken (cut up).
- It’s 1 cup of Barbecue sauce (I made my own but use your fav).
- Prepare 1 cup of Jamaican jerk sauce.
- Prepare of Total powdered seasoning (use your fav chicken seasoning).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need of for marinade.
- Prepare 5 stalk of scallions.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- Prepare 2 of hot peppers.
- It’s 1 of ginger (you can use powdered ginger).
- You need 1/4 cup of walkers wood Jerk marinade.
- It’s 3 of Garlics.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce or 3tbs browning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crack pepper.
Marinate the chicken, in a covered bowl or zip lock bag, for several hours or overnight. Mix the honey with the reserved honey jerk marinade, to intensify the honey flavor in the completed jerk chicken. Jerk Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer marinated overnight in a homemade jerk sauce with green onions, jalapenos and spices baked crispy in the oven. Just like my recipe for Buffalo Wings , Jerk Chicken Wings are the perfect game day snack that you can whip up for your guests, although you will need to let them marinade overnight.
Oven Jerk BBQ Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- For marinade: in a blender or food processor blend onions, hot peppers, escallion, 1 tbsp vinegar, garlic and ginger. Then rub this mixture, soy sauce or browning, jerk chicken marinade, crack pepper, jerk sauce, powder seasoning, salt to your chicken and cover and let marinate for 2hrs. Overnight marinate gives a superb flavour..
- Put your marinated chicken closely in your greased baking pan and baked for 1hr 45min or until chicken is tender. Every 30mins turn and bask chicken with your favourite BBQ sauce PS. Bake chicken covered for 45mins and then afterwards take off the cover and continue baking uncovered🙈.
The trick to making oven baked jerk chicken is to marinade it overnight then broil it in the oven for a crispy caramelized skin. The flavor comes from the marinade which is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Sweet from the molasses and spicy from the habanero. Overnight marinate gives a superb flavour. Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully wipe the hot skillet clean with paper towels.