Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage. Easy Slow Cooker Cabbage & Brats. An easy dinner to throw in the slow cooker. We prefer to brown the bratwurst before adding them to the slow cooker.
This is a recipe that my MIL made and it is so simple and tasty. I originally made this in the oven, but found that it is easier in the crock pot.. Place cabbage wedges on the bottom of the crock pot. You can cook Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage
- Prepare 1 lb of brawurst.
- It’s 1 half of green cabbage, cleaned and chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 12 oz of apple cider.
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
Place frozen brats on top of cabbage. Brown sausage and cut into bite-size pieces. Combine with cabbage and onion in the crock pot. Place bratwurst links in slow cooker and top with sauerkraut, apples and onion.
Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage instructions
- In the broiler, cook the bratwurst for 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then quarter each link. Set to the side..
- Put half of the cabbage into the slow cooker, add half of the carrots, then half of the sausages. Sprinkle half of the ground black pepper over the mixture. Place the rest of the cabbage, carrots, sausages and pepper, then the two bay leaves into the slow cooker..
- Pour the apple cider and apple cider vinegar into the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours..
- After 4 hours, remove the lid to stir. Replace the lid, then cook for the rest of the 4 hours..
Sprinkle with brown sugar and caraway seeds. We have made several dishes, such as German meatballs. Great recipe for Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage. My wife is half German, so every late September to early October we celebrate Oktoberfest. We have made several dishes, such as German meatballs.