Oven Fried Potatoes. Combine the potatoes, oil, salt and cayenne on the baking. Place potatoes in two large resealable plastic bags. Combine the Parmesan cheese and seasonings; add to potatoes.
Bake until golden brown and cooked. The potatoes are cubed and oven-fried to golden perfection with some garlic and chunks of onion. Due to the high temperature, the surface of the potatoes comes out golden brown and crispy. You can cook Oven Fried Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Potatoes
- Prepare 5 lbs of potatoes.
- Prepare 2.5 lbs of yellow onions.
- It’s 1 of ea stalk of celery.
- You need 1 lb of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 (10 oz) of cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 3 sticks of butter.
- It’s 2 lbs of Italian sausage (optional).
The potatoes are not only easy to prepare, they won't leave grease spatters all over your stovetop, and cleanup is a breeze. Drain the potatoes and pat dry. Return the potatoes to a dry bowl, add the oil and toss to coat. Brush potatoes with half oil mixture.
Oven Fried Potatoes instructions
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly. (This is a very important step).
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks. (Optional: you can peel them first if you want, but I like the skins!) Place the potatoes in a large roasting pan..
- Peel, and cut onions into bite-size pieces..
- Cut off and remove ends from celery stalk. Discard leaves and hearts. Thoroughly rinse each individual rib..
- Chop these celery sticks into ¼ inch pieces and add to pan along with onions and potatoes..
- Thoroughly rinse and slice up the mushrooms. Add to pan..
- Add diced tomatoes and mix thoroughly..
- Peel and mince garlic. Remove stems from parsley and chop fine. (These two ingredients can be a lot of work if you aren't familiar with how it's done. Many grocery stores and markets sell these ingredients prepping in advance.) Add these ingredients and remaining spices to the mixture..
- Melt butter, add to pan, mix well..
- Optional: You can add chopped Italian sausage, or any other kind of sausage or meat, and this tasty side becomes a tasty meal! In this example, I used fresh Polish kielbasa..
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 450° for 2 hours, stirring the mixture halfway..
- Allow to cool, and serve with a perforated spoon..
Cut potatoes (skin on) into French fry sized strips. Line shallow pan with foil (or parchment paper). On cookie sheet, coat potatoes with oil or cooking spray. Sprinkle spices over potatoes, toss well to coat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.