Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken.
You can cook Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 ounce of lime juice- fresh squezzed is best.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves, finley chopped.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 4 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoon of chipotle in adobo -pureed (I do a 7 ounce can in the food processor).
- You need 6-10 pieces of boneless chicken thighs (you can use breast however thighs stay juicer:).
Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken step by step
- Note if you double the marinade recipe you can use use half to marinate with and the other half to brush on the chicken as you grill..
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. If you like it spicier add a little more of the chipotle in adobo puree..
- Trim off excess fat from the chicken thighs-you do not need to get ride of all fat:).
- Place the chicken and the marinade in a gallon zip-lock bag and marinate for 6 hours to overnight. More time gives better flavor..
- I like to grill over charcoal (best) or gas until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degree F. That being said if you only have an oven this can be baked at 350 degree F.until it reaches the appropriate temperature of 170 degree F..
- Let sit for 10 minutes after cooking and thinly slice. You may want to squeeze a little lime and adjust salt to your taste..