Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto). Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus. Finally, add the basil, and pulse a few times until mixed in. The sun dried tomatoes are the perfect addition to hummus.
Sun dried Tomato Hummus makes a wonderful addition to any get together or as a sandwich spread or snack. Get this simple, family favorite hummus Sun Dried Tomato Hummus makes a delectable hummus recipe to make as an appetizer when entertaining. Hummus is so simple to make, even up. You can cook Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto)
- It’s 15 oz of cooked Garbanzo beans.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tahini (Sesame seed paste).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need tsp of Table salt or/ tablespoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare dash of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of juice from beans ( give or take).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Prepared pesto.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sun dried tomatoes chopped small.
Like fresh, sun dried tomatoes blended with our creamy, classic hummus. Our smooth, classic hummus is topped with sun dried tomatoes and sprinkled with a tasty blend of parsley, oregano and basil that keeps you dipping for more. Roasted broccoli and sun-dried tomato hummus are a perfect pair! My original concept for this crostini was to make whipped sun-dried tomato feta, but it was crazy salty.
Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto) step by step
- Put beans in blender or food processor.
- Add a couple cloves of prepared garlic or 1 fresh clove.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Tahini.
- Add lemon, salt and pepper, olive oil, cumin, blend until smooth..
- Place in bowl or serving dish serve with pita chips your favorite bread or even put on sandwiches instead of mayo..
- Top off with pesto in center.
- Spread sundried tomatoes around the pesto.
- I usually drizzle the oil from the Sun Dried Tomato jar and throw a few whole garbanzo beans on top.
Goat cheese didn't do, either, so I finally landed on hummus, which was just right. Lentil & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Wraps. Tips and suggestions: I used pre-cooked steamed lentils like the ones Trader Joe's carries (Melissa's also carries steamed lentils Here the lentils worked well with this sun-dried tomato hummus. I imagine plain, garlic or red pepper hummus would be delicious. Adding sun-dried tomatoes to a homemade hummus recipe adds a bit of texture and color and a whole lot of flavor.